michael watson (IAH-C) wrote:

Hi

I have a package which was built using R 1.9.1 and everything worked
fine.  I recently upgraded to R 2.0.1 and tried to re-install my package
- and I got:

Error in library(mypackage) : 'mypackage' is not a valid package --
installed < 2.0.0?

So I tried rebuilding it using my new version of R:

R CMD BUILD --binary mypackage

hhc: not found
cp: cannot stat `mypackage.chm': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [chm-mypackage] Error 1
make: *** [pkg-mypackage] Error 2
*** Installation of mypackage failed ***

Removing 'f:/tmp/Rbuild.2972/mypackage'
 ERROR
* installation failed

I didn't have these problems before.  What is "hhc" and why can't R find
it?

hhc is Microsoft's compiled html help compiler. Either edit your MkRules file not to generate chm files, or download and install the required software as mentioned in file readme.packages.

In general, will I have to re-build my package everytime a new version
of R is released?

Well, not always, but yes, if considerable changes have taken place, as it has happend for the change from 1.y.z to 2.0.0.

Uwe Ligges

Many thanks

Mick