CG Pettersson wrote:
Hello all!
I recently switched mail program to Mozilla Thunderbird, running on W2k.
Everything works fine, except the MIME-digests from this list. The decoding doesnīt work properly.

I had contact with Martin Maechler some time ago, and he suggested a try on this list for ideas on how to do the decoding in Windows, even if itīs not a proper R-question.

Outlook do the proper job on the MIME, but using that is to go a bit far! Or?

/CG

Thunderbird, which is an otherwise wonderful mail client, does not work for r-help digests. The reason is that if you receive 100 messages in a day, Thunderbird inefficiently handles all the mime 'attachments', and navigating them all is incredibly slow. I didn't have the decoding problem you mentioned though.