Somehow I have lost the correct file association for .RData files. They
are now associated with a text file editor. When I right click on any
.RData file and try to change the association, R is not listed as a
choice of program. I browse to c:\Program Files\R\rw2001\bin\Rgui.exe
and select that file to open .RData, but Windows does not then place
Rgui.exe in the list of programs to use.  I can open any .RData file by
dragging it onto the R desktop icon, but cannot double-click any .RData
file to open it.

This problem has persisted through several uninstalls of old versions
and upgrades to new versions of R. I found no mention of the problem in
the mail archives.

Windows XP
R 2.0.1

Thanks,