Deepayan Sarkar wrote:
On Sunday 02 January 2005 19:40, Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:

What is the most elegant way to specify that strip panels are to have
transparent backgrounds and graphs are to be in black and white when
lattice is being used with Sweave?  I would prefer a global option
that stays in effect for multiple plots.

If this is best done with a theme, does anyone have a lattice theme
like col.whitebg but that is for black and white?

I'd do something like this as part of the initialization:

<<...>>
library(lattice)
ltheme <- canonical.theme(color = FALSE)     ## in-built B&W theme
ltheme$strip.background$col <- "transparent" ## change strip bg
lattice.options(default.theme = ltheme)      ## set as default
@

Deepayan

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much Deepayan. -Frank