Hello!

I am producing a set of images and I would like them to be sorted by names I give. I was able to produce my names and add integer to them. That is easy. But my problem lies in sort of file from this process:

figure_10.png
figure_11.png
figure_12.png
figure_1.png
figure_20.png

So I would like to convert integers to something like 01 if upper limit for
this conert is 10 or 001 for 100. I wrote a simple function (see below), but I do not know how this limit stuff can be imporved to work really well with default. Any suggestions?

int2char <- function(x, limit = max(x)) {

    # Converts integer to character such that numbers bellow limit get 0 in
    # front
    # Gregor GORJANC, 2005-01-05

    # Arguments:
    # x: vector of numbers
    # limit: limit up to which numbers should get 0 in front, default
    #        max(x)

    # Examples:
    # a <- seq(0, 20, 1)
    # int2char(a) # this does not work OK
    # int2char(a, limit = 10) # this does work OK

    # How to:
    # I would like that default would be more efficient - so it would
    # recognize that let say limit 20 in example above should actually be
    # 10 and so on.

    # Code:
    for (i in 1:length(x)) {
        if (x[i] < limit) {
            n[i] <- paste("0", x[i], sep  = "")
        } else {
            n[i] <- as.character(x[i])
        }
    }
    return(n)
}

-- Lep pozdrav / With regards, Gregor GORJANC

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty       URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si
Zootechnical Department    mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                  tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia