We are currently running R under Windows 2000 on a server box running with 2
1.2 GHZ Intel Pentium III Processors.  We would like to run this on a new
computer running Linux and receive a significant speed increase over our
current implementation.   Could anyone provide some suggestions for a fast 64
BIT Intel based processor computer with a  recommendation  for memory and
speed/type/number of processors.  Also which version of R would install
"out-of-the-box" easily on this computer and what version of Linux should be
used?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon Dressel, MCSE MCSA MCP A+<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Applications Supervisor

SurroMed, Inc.

1430 O'Brien Drive

Menlo Park, CA 94025