I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Alpha. It has highlighting, indenting, parenthesis matching, excellent integration with R (or that other commercial version of R). There are versions for Classic (Alpha8), OS X (Alphax), as well as *NIX and Windows (AlphatTk). Alpha is shareware, based on the open source AlphTcl library.

http://alphatcl.sourceforge.net/wikit/

Cheers,

Simon.