Roger Bivand wrote:

First, you should enclose the functions that output results in the loop in print(), so that they do print, in loops this has to be done and is a FAQ (often met with lattice graphics)

I am sorry for that, that I didn't find that. Now it works great. If anyone needs that, that's what I have inside the loop:

sink("zz.txt", append = TRUE)

        print(out <- summary(fit))
        print(out <- logLik(fit))

sink()

The most wondering thing for me is that, plots are stored in the ps file, but only the ones from last iteration. In manuals there is:

append: logical; currently *disregarded*; just there for
          compatibility reasons.

What does *disregarded* actually mean and when I will be able to add a title before each set of plots, because now the option title is not adding anything to file.

Well disregarded here seems to mean exactly that. Why not open the postscript device before the loop starts, with onefile = TRUE, write to it in the loop, then dev.off() after the loop? You are getting the last graphic because that is what you are telling it to do, the others are being overwritten, because you are opening and closing the same file inside the loop, and append doesn't exist.

Well, I don't know how to change the properties main, xlab and ylab in the GARCH object for plots, when I do plot(fit), so I made for each model separate file containing name of the model and date. Those plots are just for me, to have a look if the residuals from the model are OK. I am not going to print them.

Once again, thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Wojtek Slusarski