Kia ora

I'm a using lme (from nlme package) with data similar to the Orthodont dataset
and am getting positive log-likelihoods (>100).  This seems usual and I
wondered if someone could offer a possible explanation.

I can supply a sample dataset if requested, but I feel almost certain that this
question has been asked and answered recently.  However, I can find no trace of
it in the mail archives (although I have spent several hours reading lots of
other interesting things :-)).

Thanks .........

Peter Alspach