Hector L. Ayala-del-Rio wrote:
R gurus
I have tried to install the R 2.0.1 binary for OS X and although the installation was successful I can get the application going. When I double click the icon R tries to load (R window shows briefly) and it quits immediately. This behavior was described in this list before and nobody found the answer to the problem. If you try to load the x11 version by typing "R" at the command line it loads up with no problem. This means that the app is partially working and there are no permissions issue. The most interesting thing is if I log to a different account (Dummy) and I double click the application it loads with no problem. This makes me think that there has to be some type of user specific file or directory that is causing the gui to quit. Any suggestions on what file(s) could be affecting R?

Thanks

Hector

Héctor L. Ayala-del-Río, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology
University of Puerto Rico at Humacao
CUH postal station
100 road 908
Humacao, PR 00791
Ph: 787-850-0000 x 9001
Fax: 787-850-9439

you have moved the R app already to it's final destination (instead of starting it from the mounted disk image)?

I would try the "Console" utility (in /Applications/Utilities) to have a look at console.log and system.log (or inspect the logs directly: /private/var/log/system.log and /Library/Logs/Console/vdh/console.log) immediately _after_ an attempt to start the R app. probably it's a permission problem all the same.

regards joerg

ps: there is a R mailing list exclusively for OS X users: