Hi.  I'm not having any luck installing the binary for the new
Macintosh OS called "Tiger".

I get error messages as below.

Can anyone offer me some advice?  (PS: I checked the bug list first
but a search on "Tiger" turned up nothing so I hope it's OK to post
here.)

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/
R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs/grDevices.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/
libs/grDevices.so, 6): Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/
Versions/C/AppKit
   Reason: Incompatible library version: AppKit requires version
9.0.0 or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 8.0.0
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/
R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs/grDevices.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/
libs/grDevices.so, 6): corrupt binary, library ordinal too big
In addition: Warning message:
package grDevices in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error: package 'grDevices' could not be loaded

Dan E. Kelley, Associate Professor                phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University       fax:(902)494-2885
Halifax, Nova Scotia                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Canada B3H 4J1   http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley/Kelley_Dan.html