Thank you very much Ted! I have been looking at your simplification for more then an hour, but I don't see how you did it. Could you perhaps, if it is not to much work, explain me how you reduced H? It would help me to understand what I am realy doing.

Looking at the result, it seems indeed that H does add more information than sd already did. Intuitively I thought the square of the sum of all possible differences would not be related to the standard deviation. Looking at your result it seems it is related by a factor sqrt(2*(n-1)) so there is no special point in calculating H and I know I cannot trust my intuition anymore.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Stef