This is for Windows only, and documented in

?windows
README.rw2011 (or whatever)

It's more usual to switch recording on when you need it, either in the
windows() call or from a menu.

?options only tells you about the standard options, not those used on
specific platforms or by packages (and it does say that, in `Options used
in base R').

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]