Ok, here's an english pseudo coded version of what I'd like to do...

10 columns of (somedata)
names(somedata): C1 C2 C3 C4 C5
Loop through each column
FOR ColName = C1 through C5
Compute a new column, named "ColNameA" = some result for each row
Compute another new Column named ColNameB" = some other result for each row
NEXTColName

Desired Result:
Names(somedata): C1 C1A C1B C2 C2A C2B C3 C3A C3B C4 C4A C4B C5 C5A C5B

So, basically, my question is how to both address and assign the names of
the variables rather than the values of the variables while coding my loop.
I hope that's clearer... kind of hard to explain!