Dear All,

I am a novice user of the R software package. When I try and compute,
exp(-1000) or exp(-2000), i get the answer as zero. Is there any way i can get
R to compute the answer and give me an actual number ? ( by increasing the
precision or any other method).

If I cannot get R to give me a number, can anybody give me some advice on how
to manually compute this number ?

I would greatly appreciate your help on this issue.

Thanks
Ravi

Ravichandran "Ravi" Ramachandran

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Department of Statistics
The University of Tennessee,Knoxville
USA
E-mail  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone   : Official  - 865 - 974 - 2739 (Aconda Court)
          Residence - 865 - 946 - 5155
Webpage : http://web.utk.edu/~rramacha

" Space maybe the final frontier
  But its made in a Hollywood basement
                   - The Red Hot Chilli Peppers - 'Californication'

  Space maybe the final frontier
  But it can be 'replicated' in a Hollywood basement
                   - Me, after taking the Stat 573 class
"

"Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day
which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced
to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and
strength of will"
                                                - Basil Carpenter