Hi.

After some time, my collegues at the Food and Drug Adminstration have
finally acknowledged R as a powerful statistical computing environment.
However, in order to comply with the Office of Information and Technology
standards there are a couple of questions about whether R could interfere
with other software. As I'm more of a driver of the R software and not a
mechanic, I was hoping for the insight of the many great useRs. Below is a
list of 5 proposed questions to which I value any comment.

Thank you for your time,

-Mat

1. Does R have high resolution graphics?

2. Does R have .dll files, or other executables which are not located in the
R software directory tree?

3. Does R modify the Windows registry in a non-obvious way, i.e. other than
defining itself and what extensions to associate with R, and what are those
extensions?

4. Does R add macros to any part of MS Office?

5. Can you anticipate any other way in which installing and using R could
disrupt the operation of another software?

Mat Soukup, Ph.D.
Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Ave.
BLDG 22 RM 5329