I have xyplots (small number of observed points). The model estimates
a "mean" value for both x and y, not usually identical with an
observed data pair. The model also estimates simultaneous horizontal
and vertical CIs on the mean values of x and y.

I wish to add the mean point with both CIs to the xyplot.

Can anyone give any tips for using xYplot (Hmisc) to do so? Can
plotCI (plotrix) be used for that purpose?

Running R 2.2.1 on Mac OS 10.4.5 via R Cocoa GUI 1.13 .

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan Leon Pace, MD, MStat
University of Utah