Hi all,

Are there any plans to add more functionality to command-line editing and
history editing on the command line?

In MATLAB (I know, comparisons are odious ...), you can type "p" and up-arrow
on the command line and scroll through the recently entered commands beginning
with "p". This is a very useful  feature and something that I believe is not
replicated in R.
Please correct me if I'm wrong; currently I use history(Inf) in R, search for
what I want and cut and paste if I find what I'm looking for.

Also in MATLAB, tab completion is available for directory listings and also for
function name completion. Again, I'm unaware of how to do this in R. The added
MATLAB  functionality makes finding files easy on the command line and it also
saves the fingers on long function names.

Thanks,

Jack.