Hello,
Sorry if this is somewhere in the archives but i couldn't find it. I
am using the funtion cor() and inputting a large matrix with a column
of 0, for which i get NA's for. I'm looking for a way to overcome
that divide by 0 error btw but my real issue is this:
I specify the method as pearson but the error messages always say kendall
ex)
>  read.csv("ncatest.csv", header = FALSE, sep = ",", dec=".")->ncatest
>  ncatest<- ncatest[,-1]
>   rownames(ncatest2)<- ncatest[,1]
>  ncatest2<-as.matrix(ncatest2)
>  > dim(ncatest2)
[1] 10482    11
>  cornca<-cor(ncatest2, method="pearson")
Warning message:
the standard deviation is zero in: cor(x, y, na.method, method == "kendall")

I would like to confirm that i am using the metric I specified and
that its not defaulting to kendall for some weird reason.
Thanks for any assistance.
Sincerely,
betty