Hi,

I probably misunderstand the entire concept of
environments in R. I now have a list of environments
in which each has a number of variables. What I want
to do is to apply a function on each of those
environments which adds additional variables to that
particular environment. Is there a way to set the
environment of the function so that also the variables
newly created in the function are added to the
environment?

Right now I do
environment(FN) <- oldEnvironment
before I call the function and the function operates
on the old environments variables but the newly
created ones are not in the old environment.

Thank you for considering my question!
  Werner