i believe it is not a question only related to regression modeling. The
correlation between the sample size and confidence of prediction in data
mining is not as clear as traditional stat approach.  My concern is not in
that theoretical discussion but more practical, looking for a good algorithm
when response variable is continuous when large dataset is concerned.

On 4/25/06, bogdan romocea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is an aspect, worthy of careful consideration, you don't seem to
> be aware of. I'll ask the question for you: How does the
> explanatory/predictive potential of a dataset vary as the dataset gets
> larger and larger?

Weiwei Shi, Ph.D

"Did you always know?"
"No, I did not. But I believed..."