Hi,

I'm having trouble applying the matrix function. I'd like to be able to
create a matrix of vectors filled in by rows, which are not all the same
length, and so I need it to fill in NAs where applicable.

It's easiest to explain with a simple example:

Suppose vec = c(3,4,5). How can I form a matrix of the vectors 1:vec[j]
for j=1:3?
i.e. 1   2   3   NA NA
      1   2   3   4   NA
      1   2   3   4    5
I've tried matrix(c(1:vec[j]),nrow=max(j),ncol=max(vec)) but it will
only give me a matrix with repeated values for j=1, like   1  2  3  1
2
                                            3  1  2  3  1
                                            2  3  1  2  3

Also using the list function hasn't got me anywhere either..

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Sara-Jane Dunn

--
This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only...{{dropped}}