I have a user who is currently running R on a desktop system which takes 3
days to run.

We have an Itanium 2 Cluster running HP UX. My system manager has tried to
install R and has sent the following message

INSTALL file says do

./configure

make

./configure fails with ( tail end of output

checking for main in -ltermcap... no checking for main in -ltermlib... no
checking for rl_callback_read_char in -lreadline... no checking for
history_truncate_file... no configure: error: --with-readline=yes (default)
and headers/libs are not available

Has anyone install R on HP UX system?

Ricky

Principal Analyst