Dear all,

I was wondering if it's possible to simplify graphs created with Sweave.
I'm using in a document several plots with each about 4000 points
(qqnorm(rnorm(4000))). It looks likes the information of each points is
maintained in the graph. As a result of that the pdf filesize get's
quite large (about 4,2 MB for a 23 page document.) Is there a way to
reduce the complexity of these graphs? Like creating the graphs in a
bitmap format instead of a vector format?

Thanks,

Thierry

----

ir. Thierry Onkelinx

Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Reseach Institute for Nature
and Forest

Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance

Gaverstraat 4

9500 Geraardsbergen

Belgium

tel. + 32 54/436 185

www.inbo.be <http://www.inbo.be/>

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt

A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney