Sumanta

consider using read.csv which is a special case of read.table

?read.csv

as for the RODBC functions, you probably found odbcConnectExcel, but the
help file there mentions a .dbf connections

?odbcConnectDbase

from there using sqlQuery it should be possible to write a .dbf file.

?sqlQuery

cheers,

On 11/17/06, Sumanta Basak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi R-Experts,
>

>             I'm having a problem with reading a large data file which is
> in .csv format and size is 120 MB (app.). I was trying to use RODBC
> package but I found RODBCconnectExcel function only. And can I convert
> this file to .dbf format?  How can I read this file? And also let me
> know if this was a file in .sas7bdat format, what should I do? Thanks in
> advance.
>

> Sumanta.

Tim Calkins
0406 753 997