As far as I know official details of the EVIEWS data format are not
available.  Allin Cottrell (of GRETL fame) has done some reverse engineering
on the format and details are available on
http://www.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/eviews_format/ .   You will need some
programming knowledge to implement this routine but it is the best that I
know,

On 17/11/06, Dietrich Trenkler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear HelpeRs,
>
> I wonder if anyone knows of ways to read  EViews file types.
> I did not find a function in the package 'foreign' and a search query
> submitted to http://search.r-project.org was not successful.
>
> Any hint is very much welcome.
>
> Dietrich Trenkler
>
> --
> Dietrich Trenkler c/o Universitaet Osnabrueck
> Rolandstr. 8; D-49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

John C Frain
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2