Hello out there,

i am not yet that experienced and trying to my best on a real survey.
but i am stuck with a little matrix / vector problem.
my vector of answers could have a length of  3 or only one. i want to
rbind all the answers into one matrix. (one vector for each participant)
answers vectors for one participant could look like:

p1:   100
p2:  20 80
p3: 40 10 50

i have the following loop which should rbind them but i get no proper
matrix.
i´d like to have something like this

100 0 0
20 80 0
40 10 50

Here´s my loop:

for(s in 1:length(fr))
        {
        ### ansmini is a complete survey of one participant
                ansmini3=answers[relevant[s,],]

        for(x in 1:length(qidsb3))
                {
                # outputs all answer ids out of all data which belong to the
qids
out of the question id vector
                        ansmin3=ansmini3[,1][ansmini3[,3]==qidsb3[x]]
                        newb3=rbind(newb3,ansmin3)
                }
        }

this is doing the job for question with only one answer, so i have
only one answer id.
in this new case i have 1-3 possible answers.. that´s why i´am not
getting a nice newb3 matrix...

i´d really be happy about some advice!
thanks in advance

matthias