Hi there,

  I´m trying to follow the reading of the book "The Nature of Scientific
Evidence" (by Mark Taper and Subhash Lele) using R. I would like to preparar R
scritps from the exercises of this book available to world wide community. To
do so, I will need some help of our R-helpers;

  On this book, the author proposed we use Fisher´s p-value tests for a pig sex
rate = 0.5 from observed male=7929 and female 8304 (total = 16233). The authors
sad "Under the assumed binomial distribution, the probability of observing 7929
male is .0000823; any observation with fewer than 7929 or more than 8303 males
will have a probability less than or equal to .00008233 and thus be considered
an extreme event".

  They also sad "Summing the probability of all extreme events, we find that
probability of observing an event as extrem as or more extreme than the
observed 7929 males is 0.003331".

  How can a reach up these same p-values?

  Kind regards,

  Miltinho