        From: Smith, Phil (CDC/CCID/NCIRD)
        Sent: Thu 2/22/2007 2:56 PM
        To: r-help@stat.math.ethz.ch
        Subject: question about boxplot

        Here is a question from an old guy:

        I want to use the boxplot function as follows:

        boxplot( p.prop ~ R  + bins )

        This command makes nice boxplot for the factor "R" crossed with the
factor "bins".

        I am having alot of trouble getting control of the labels on the X
axis. I want to control it more by specifying what the labels are, controling
the 'size' of those labels (by using cex), and then control the rotation of the
character strings of those labels (by using srt or crt).

        There is a "names" argument to boxplot, but I haven't had much luck
controlling what it prints, the size of the font, and the character rotation.

        Can somebody enlighten me on how to do this?

        Please respond to my work email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Many thanks!
        Phil Smith
        Centers for Disease COntrol and Prevention