Paul Gottemoller wrote:
> I am attempting to install a anchoring vingettes package for R and I seem to
> have a problem with unzipping the files in R.  I use the command that can be
> found here <http://wand.stanford.edu/anchors/>.
>
> Here is the dialog I get after entering the command:
>
>>     install.packages("anchors", dependencies = TRUE,
> +     repos=c("http://wand.stanford.edu/R/CRAN","http://cran.r-project.org
> "))
> dependency ''snow'' is not available
>
> also installing the dependency 'rgenoud'
>
> trying URL '
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/rgenoud_5.0-5.zip'
> Content type 'application/zip' length 113709 bytes
> opened URL
> downloaded 111Kb
>
> trying URL '
> http://wand.stanford.edu/R/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/anchors_2.0.zip'
> Content type 'application/zip' length 592348 bytes
> opened URL
> downloaded 578Kb
>
> Error in zip.unpack(pkg, tmpDir) : cannot open file 'C:/Program Files/R/R-
> 2.4.1/library/file20a84af3/rgenoud/chtml/rgenoud.chm'
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Which version of Windows? If Vista, you might need to overcome some
security issues and remember to install a package into a library within
c:\Program Files with Administrator privileges.
If another version of Windows, please retry to install rgenoud and
remove any prior versions manually, the binary package on CRAN is fine.

Uwe Ligges