After reading the help files (?Startup) and using
RSiteSearch("defaultPackages"), I have been trying to add several packages
to my default startup list using the following code:

local({
old<-getOption("defaultPackages")
options(defaultPackages=c(old,"lattice","RODBC")
})

Subsequently, when I query the default list using:

getOption("defaultPackages")

the list of packages I have added appears along with the standard defaults.
However, when I restart R, none of these packages are loaded and they don't
appear in the default list when it is queried again.  There's probably
something simple I am missing and I am hoping that someone will (politely)
point out where I've messed up.

I am running R 2.4.0 on a Windows 2000 PC.  Sys.getenv("R_USER") returns the
location of my Rconsole in the "...My Documents" file, but my working
directory is in the "...program files/R/R-2.4.0" directory, if that helps.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jeff--

Dr. Jeffrey J. Lusk
Upland Game Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission, Wildlife Division
2200 N. 33rd Street
Lincoln, NE 68506
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.geocities.com/jefflusk2002
[http://www.geocities.com/jefflusk2002]
Web: http://www.OutdoorNebraska.org [http://www.outdoornebraska.org/]

Phone: (402) 471-1756