Hi all,

I just installed R 2.4.1 and tried to install the package 'sp' working down
from the 'Packages' menu in the R GUI.  The package would not install and I got
the following message:

"trying URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/sp_0.9-10.zip'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb") :
        cannot open URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/sp_0.9-10.zip'
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,  :
         download of package 'sp' failed"

I tried to find the installation file "sp_0.9-10.zip" through the
CRAN website, but was unable to do so.  So I was wondering if there was some
other way to get this package I need.  Or perhaps  there might be some problem
with the website itself.

Thanks,

Gaurav Ghosh
Graduate Student,

Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology,

311 Armsby Building,

Pennsylvania State University,

University Park, PA 16802

Ph:  814-865-1128