Hi R-helpers

I would like to produce a histogram with uneven bins (e.g., 0, 1-2, 3-5,
6-10, 10-20, >20) but I would like the resulting bars to be the same width (
i.e., a bar's width would not be proportional to its corresponding bin
size).

Also, the x and y axes of my histograms frequently (almost always, actually)
extend beyond the axis labels (i.e., there are unlabeled bars). I would like
to label each bar exactly with the range of values that corresponds to it (
i.e., print a "0" underneath the 0 bin, print "1-2) underneath the 1-2 bin,
etc.

I'd appreciate any help you might be able to provide, thanks!

Mark