On 5/14/07, Steven McKinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Running lme4 0.9975-13
> I'm still getting the warning
>
>  $ operator not defined for this S4 class, returning NULL in: x$symbolic.cor

It was my mistake.  I fixed the problem in the development sources
long ago but I haven't uploaded a new release since doing so.   I'll
upload a new release next week - this is finals week for us and they
seem to expect that we will do things like grade exams rather than
debugging code. :-)

> Is there a more recent version?
> Is there any known problem with this warning
> (incorrect results etc.) ?

Not really.  It is a benign cut-and-paste error.  If you want to fix
it now look for the function printMer in the source file lme4/R/lmer.R
and change the default for the symbolic.cor argument to FALSE.