Dear R-help,

I recently updated R to version 2.5. THis is on a machine running linux
freespire. During the update process it did issue a warning saying I should
check that I had "xserver-xorg" and "xorg" installed. I tried to do this but
running "apt-cache search xserver" came up with a huge list of packages, and
the computer seemed to be running fine; so I left it.

However next time I booted up, it can't start the xserver  and I don't seem to
be online. Can any one suggest what I need to do?

THanks very much

Simon Bond.