Hi,

I want to make use of some C routines from other packages to write extensions
in C.

In "Writing R Extensions", it says there is an experimental interface to
support this in (or from ?) R 2.4.0.

I had a dummy library containing src/dummy.cpp and R/zzz.R:

====== src/dummy.cpp ====

#include <R.h>

#include <Rinternals.h>

#include <R_ext/Rdynload.h>

extern "C"

{

  void dummy(int *a, int *b)

  {

    printf("dummy\n");

  }

}

void R_init_dummy(DllInfo *dll)

{

  R_RegisterCCallable("dummy", "dummy", (DL_FUNC)dummy);

}

====== R/zzz.R =========

.First.lib <- function(lib, pkg) {

  library.dynam("dummy", pkg, lib)

}

======================

I can compile this using R 2.5.0 under Linux.

But I got the following error when I tried to load the library

>library(dummy):

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :

        unable to load shared library
'/homes/ychen/Rlibs/dummy/libs/dummy.so':

  /homes/ychen/Rlibs/dummy/libs/dummy.so: undefined symbol:
_Z19R_RegisterCCallablePcS_PFPvvE

Error in library(dummy) : .First.lib failed for 'dummy'

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Alex