----- Message d'origine ----
De : Diego Gruber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : r-help@stat.math.ethz.ch
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 14 Juin 2007, 11h53mn 38s
Objet : [R] function with xyplot

Hi,

I'm a new user trying to switch from SAS, so sorry for the beginner's
question: Suppose I have a dataframe DF that contains variables X,Y,Z. I am
trying to write a function like this:

myplot <- function(varname){xyplot(varname ~ Y, group = Z, data = DF)}.

The problem is then how to enter X into my function. If I write myplot("X")
I get an error because the argument is a string and xyplot can make nothing
out of it. If I write myplot(X) I also get an error that tells me the object
X does not exist.

Thanks for your help,

Diego