Hi all,

It is my first time to use the R-help mailing list and doesn't have too
much R acknowledge. The reason that I am writing this email is looking
for helps of using JRI in Java Axis Web Service. Well, I am not quite
sure if this is the right place to ask this kind of questions, but I
can't find the JRI mailing list. So please give me some hints if this is
not the right place to ask these kinds of questions.

I've been asked to develop a Java Axis web service to retrieve an
R-script file from the client side and then using JRI jar file in order
to call the R program that installed on the web service server. After
reading the online documentation, I've successfully installed the R
program with rJava and JRI packages. In addition, I can call the R
program to run the R-script by using org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine. Everything
is running fine if this program is running as a normal Java application.
However, I fail to obtain any return when I was trying to consume this
method by using the Java Axis web service.

So I am wondering if any one could share their experiences to using JRI
in Axis web service. Your helps mean a lot to me and I've been struggled
to fix this problem for days.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Eric Jiang