This is probably buried somewhere in the R help archives, but I've been
unable to find it, so perhaps the keywords I use here will help bring the
topic to the surface more easily for future users.

I want to write my own modeling function (ultimately for some
multidimensional windowing - but this question is on scripting basics).  For
purposes of figuring out my needs, lets just consider writing a function
that takes a formula and a dataset, and outputs the mean of each variable in
the formula model.  So:

MyFunction <- function(AFormula, ADataFrame) {
 }

>MyFunction(Y ~ A + B, TheData)

would give results something like:

Mean of MyData$Y is 5.3
Mean of MyData$A is 3.4
Mean of MyData$B is 8.2

QUESTION 1:
How do I determine the terms in the formula within the function?

QUESTION 2:
How do I use one of those terms to get to the individual columns, like
MyData$Y ?

Thanks!
-Eric
---