Dear fellow R-ussers,
I have a question about the Akaike Information Criterion  in the  R
output.
Normally you would want it to be as small as possible, yet when i check up
the information in my study books, the AIC is usually displayed as a
negative number. In the exercises it is given as " - AIC ".
R displays it as a positive number, does this mean that a large "AIC"
gives a small " - AIC ", so the bigger the better?

Kind regards,
Tom.

Tom Willems
CODA-CERVA-VAR