hello,
I asked about this simulation a few days ago, but still i can't get what i
need.
I have 2 units: icu and regular. from icu I want to take 200 observations
from binomial distribution, when probability for disease is: p=0.6.
from regular I want to take 300 observation with the same probability: p=0.6
.
the distribution to detect disease when disease occurred- *for someone from
icu* - is: p(T+ | D+)=0.95.
the distribution to detect disease when disease occurred- *for someone from
reg.unit* - is: p(T+ | D+)=0.8.
I want to compute the joint distribution for each unit: p(T+,D+) for icu,
and the same for reg.
I tried:

pdeti <- 0

pdetr <- 0

picu <- pdeti*.6

preg <- pdetr*.6

dept <- c("icu","reg")

icu <- rbinom(200, 1, .6)

reg <- rbinom(300, 1, .6)

for(i in 1:300) {

if(dept=="icu") pdeti==0.95

if (dept=="reg") pdetr==0.80

}

print(picu)

print(preg)

and got 50 warnings:

the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used in: if
(dept == "icu") pdeti == 0.95
the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used in: if
(dept == "reg") pdetr == 0.8

I would appreciate any suggestions,

thank you,

Sigalit.