Hi
  Thank you very much.

  So sorry for the badly writing an example.

  Let assume we are modelling in a quadratic programming framework. So we have

  min 1/2xHx + fx subject to: Ax=<b

  Here A is a matrix. Therefore the questions are valid here.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

hi Amir

please see inline answers

        Amir Safari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   08/14/2007 02:37 PM
  R-help@stat.math.ethz.ch       cc
        Subject
  [R] Slack variable in OR

    Hi dear R users,

@@@ although i have not understood your problemos clearly whatever i can help,
i will tell

 Is it basically correct that a problem is ( linearly on nonlinearly ) modeled
so that the slack variable is bounded by an upper bound ?

 If so, how it can be handled and coded practically ?

 for example:

 x1+ x2 =< b   so ---->  x1 + x2 + s=b

 s=b- x1 - x2

 b- x1 - x2 =< upper value
@@@ i assume that x1 and x2 are >= 0, which is usually the case
@@@ then in that case if both x1=x2=0 then x3=50 .... which is its meximum
value
 But algorithms can not calculate b- x1 - x2 , because the matrices are not
compatible. Or how can it be well coded ?
@@@ where are the matrices i am just asking :-)
 Thank you so much.
 Amir