Dear list
I have a function and a vector, say
    f <- function(a,b){a+b}
    x <- c(2,3)
I want to "evaluate f on x" in the sense of computing f(x[1],x[2]). I would
like it to be so that I can write f(x). (I know I can write a wrapper function
g <- function(x){f(x[1],x[2])}, but this is not really what I am looking for).
Is there a general way doing this (programmatically)? (E.g. by "unpacking" the
elements of x and putting them in the "right places" when calling f...)
I've looked under formals, alist etc. but so far without luck.

Regards
Søren