Hi,

Maybe this is more a programming questions than a specific R-project question,
but maybe there is someone who can point me in the right direction.

I have a picture of cirkels which I took with a digital camera.
Now I want to use the diameter of the cirkels on the picture for analysis in R.
I can use pixmap to import the picture, but how do I find the outside cirkels
and calculate the diameter?
I pointed out that I can use the edci package, but then I need to preprocess
the data to reduce the points, otherwise it takes a long time, and my computer
crashes.

If you want to see such a picture, I cropped a larger one, and highlighted the
cirkel which is of interest.
In a real world, this is a plate with 36 cirkels, which all should be measured.
www.users.skynet.be/fa244930/fotos/outlined.jpg

Thanks for your time

Bart