Since no reply has been posted yet I will give it a shot. runs.test uses the
normal approximation and in your case it returned a z score of -1.8732. This
z score has a cumulative probability of

pnorm(-1.8732,0,1)
[1] 0.03052039

If you are concerned about having too many runs and too few runs you would
select the "two.sided" option for runs.test, which gives a p-value of 0.0610
(0.0305 in each tail of the normal distribution). If you are concerned only
with too few runs you would select the "less" option, which will give a
p-value of 0.0305. Finally, if you are concerned only with too many runs you
would select the "greater" option which will give a p-value of 1-0.0305 =
0.9693. If your significance level is 0.05, you would compare 0.05 to 0.0610
and not reject the null hypothesis for the two-sided case and compare 0.05
to 0.0305 in the one-sided case and reject the null hypothesis. Note that
the normal approximation is OK for large samples but may give unacceptable
results for small samples. I am unaware of any packages in R that perform an
exact runs test.

Tom