I've succeeded doing a subset within the panel function of xyplot - if I'm
subsetting based on either the value of 'x' or 'y' (e.g. below).  However, I
wish to subset based on the value of another variable and colour that one
plotted point.  It's not working.  Either it doesn't plot the coloured data
point, or if I sort the data differently it colours one datapoint, but the
wrong one.   I assume this means it's not getting the right subscripts?
Finally I can sort of see the light as if I remove the conditioning variable
(week) and subset before the xyplot (e.g. week==1) to get just one panel, it
plots the correct data including the correct single red point.
Where am I erring?
_______________________________________
print(xyplot(yval~xval|week,data=mydata,
 panel=function(x,y,subscripts){
        #panel.xyplot(x,y,type='p',col=1,cex=.5)
        panel.xyplot(x[y<=40],y[y<=40],type='p',col=2,cex=.5)  #  <-----this
works

panel.xyplot(x[mydata$yr==2005],y[mydata$yr==2005],type='p',pch=16,col=2,cex=.5)
  #  <-----sometimes this won't work or it colours wrong datapoint
}))
___________________________

Thanks very much!
Michael Folkes
Michael Folkes
Salmon Stock Assessment
Canadian Dept. of Fisheries & Oceans
Pacific Biological Station
3190 Hammond Bay Rd.
Nanaimo, B.C., Canada
V9T-6N7
Ph (250) 756-7264 Fax (250) 756-7053  [EMAIL PROTECTED]