On 6 April 2017 at 20:17, Ian Carroll wrote:
| How do I package an rmarkdown vignette that cannot be built on win-builder?
The vignette in question demonstrates interaction with a SLURM cluster, which
is not available to win-builder or travis. In my `.travis.yml` I can include
`r_build_args: "--no-build-vignettes"` and `r_check_args: "--no-vignettes"` to
skip the build and re-build steps respectively. I don’t know how to do that
with win-builder, so I cannot pass the incoming pretest on package submission.
The extra steps make me feel like I’m doing something wrong regardless.

| So, what’s the appropriate way to include vignettes that should not be
hammered with attempts to build at every turn? Some old advice seemed to
suggest going straight to inst/docs, but newer rules are that inclusion in
vignettes/ is mandatory.

I think if you adjust .Rbuildignore to NOT include the source but just the
pdf then you will have documentation present -- without the risk of 'cannot
be computed here' on some platforms.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org