Hi,

I'm looking for any guidance/best-practices about how to deal with an
issue a quantmod user ran into an issue when calling
getSymbols.google():
https://github.com/joshuaulrich/quantmod/issues/140

Google provides a CSV where the dates are specified using English
month abbreviations.  Converting the characters to Date does not work
in any locale that doesn't use those abbreviations.

So I need to call strptime() in a locale that uses English month
abbreviations.  Is there a better solution than this?

lc_time <- Sys.getlocale("LC_TIME")
Sys.setlocale(category = "LC_TIME", locale = "C")
on.exit(Sys.setlocale(category = "LC_TIME", locale = lc_time)

Thanks!

--
Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com