R developers,

It has come to my attention that some of the code I am distributing in one
of my packages was previously licensed under the MIT license.  I have
previously released my package under the GPL-3 license.  Would it be more
appropriate for me to change the license to MIT?  I know no one here is
likely a lawyer but I would like to hear if there is any issue in changing
a license of a currently released package as it is my understanding that my
package should have the MIT license instead.

Regards,
Charles

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]