On 11/03/2019 2:12 p.m., Jeff Newmiller wrote:
Ah, so as long as you don't need to call a normal function to make use of the
returned object you don't need Depends. But in this example, the user would
then need to call library(ggplot2) in order to, say, change an axis title.

I think the current philosophy is that if a user wants to be able to use ggplot2 functions, the user should ask for them, they shouldn't be automagically added to the search list. If a user wants to change the axis title and doesn't want to have ggplot2 on their search list, that is definitely possible:

ggplot2::qplot(1:10, 1:10) + ggplot2::xlab("new x label")

Duncan Murdoch

A bit more subtle than I thought.

On March 11, 2019 10:07:12 AM PDT, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.dun...@gmail.com>